This is Amy Carder's Blog. She'll post lots of thoughts here about church life, home-schooling, raising four, make that five kids and all of the other craziness that our life together throws at us.

Sunday, September 25, 2005

We Ate Willy!


Ok, so we didn't eat Killer Whale, but we did eat a close cousin, the Minke Whale. It was a cultural experience and shall we say, well....it tasted like dog breath. But now we can say, "We ate whale in Iceland." I guess next is either puffin or rotten shark! I can't wait. Did I mention it was pretty much raw?

2 Comments:

Blogger Sherry said...

Is Willy a vegitable?

4:09 PM

 
Blogger Amy said...

Wellll......I guess I was thinking whale=fish but when they brought it to the table and it was red.....the light came on. Oh, yeah, whale=mammal. I had to try it. Dave and I were together on this; no way would he let me back out. Honestly, next time Sheeba licks you in the mouth, just think. "mmmm, this tastes just like whale." There are much better fish in the sea!! When you come to visit me, I will take you out for Monk Fish, NOT Minke Whale!!

1:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home