This is Amy Carder's Blog. She'll post lots of thoughts here about church life, home-schooling, raising four, make that five kids and all of the other craziness that our life together throws at us.

Friday, March 17, 2006

We're moving....

It's been a crazy couple of days. News came down the pipe yesterday that the U.S. is pulling out of Iceland. The Air Force (that's us) will be gone (yes totally gone) by the end of June. We're still not sure how it will work or what it means for us. Our squadron is going to be moved to Europe somewhere. It looks like Dave will be following the squadron to set up its new home. So, it looks like the Carder clan is moving to Europe! I'll keep you posted! So, if you were looking to come to Iceland you better hurry.

The picture in the last post is drying Cod. Yep fish! If you want some, I'll send you a pack! Mmmm, fish jerky.

This picture is of the "Shaped Mall" in Reykjavik. You don't need to post a guess. I think we all can see why they call it the "Shaped Mall."

5 Comments:

Blogger Tera said...

i tghought it was a trogen factory.

3:22 AM

 
Blogger Sara said...

Hmmm. I dont think gives a good outlook on us icelanders Amy....

5:24 PM

 
Blogger Amy said...

Sara, I think it just shows Icelanders' wonderful since of humor! :]

6:30 PM

 
Blogger Sara said...

I cant believe my husband used the word penis on your blog!!!!
I wish you were right about the sense of humor!!!!
You should hear the crasy things icelanders are saying about the Americans on the news these days, not so funny!!!
Right now I am considering becoming a US citizen or say yes when people think I am German. Iclanders are just plane opportunitists or like I have always said, Communists!!

4:48 AM

 
Blogger Mo said...

You're moving?..To Europe?...With 7 months left...What? Seriously, what does all that mean? Man, I was looking forward to coming with Susie, hitt'n up on some Icelandic men and taking the kids to see the volvano - or something wild and crazy. Are you excited?

8:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home