This is Amy Carder's Blog. She'll post lots of thoughts here about church life, home-schooling, raising four, make that five kids and all of the other craziness that our life together throws at us.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Here I am....

So here I am in Iceland. I don't have a lot to tell you about Iceland because I haven't seen that much of it yet. We just got our car last week but haven't been able to go anywhere because we also got our household goods and spent the weekend unpacking. I think this weekend we will go shopping in Reykjavik. David and I also hope to get to the Blue Lagoon (www.bluelagoon.com) this weekend, too.

I'm really not enjoying this place. I'm sure there is a reason why God sent us here, I'm just waiting patiently for the answer. It's not like I'm so miserable and depressed that I cry everyday or don't want to get out of bed. I just want my friends to be here with me. These people here aren't my people and from the looks of things they won't ever by my people. I'm just praying that God will give us a place. I really don't need any friends; I have plenty (and I have a Las Vegas number to call them on). There are plenty of ways to "get involved" here, but you know me; I'm not much for the casual "get involved". Blah, blah blah.... that’s enough of my whining. It’s late and I'm not making sense.

So I'll make a list of things I like so far:
My kids have a lot of independence!!!
The yogurt and cheese are amazing!!!
I can see the bay from my window!!!
Dave can come home for lunch most days!!!
It's great to have Sara's parents close by!!!
ummmmm
My calendar is wide open!!!
I can use the pottery wheel!!!
My Vonage phone line!!!

The Negatives...
One Car,
No late nights with the girls,
Ok, I quit...I just made myself cry and this is not productive.

I'm going to bed. Love you all. I'll write more when I'm feeling happy.

Bless (that's bye in Icelandic)

2 Comments:

Blogger Sherry said...

What I would do if I was stranded on a deserted Iceland.

1. Spend a day with the music playing, and the food a cookin.

2. Have an open house to meet my neighbors.

3. Take up photography and shoot everything and anything that moved.

4. Take up painting. That view you have is very cool.

5. Have the kids memorize parts in a play and put on a show for the neighbors.

6. read a good book.

7. Try to learn the language.

8. Find all of the cool shops around town.

9. Take up Yoga, because no one you really know will ever see you.

10. Create my own movie.

11. Create my own rap album.

12. Call all of my friends at least once a month at the wrong time just to mess with them.

13. Dress up in a fine gown and pretend I am the Queen.

14. Build a hammock and take at least one nap.

15. Take a spot of the closet and create my own little meditation spot.

16. Learn to spell! :)

Do I really need to go on here? I could give you ideas all day long.

Miss ya and love ya much!
Sherry

1:15 AM

 
Blogger MrH said...

Amy,
Hey, we miss you, but hope you meet lots of new people while you are away from us. I really enjoyed your pics. I also enjoyed quite a few of Sherry's suggestions for things to do with down time. I hope you got as much enjoyment out of them as I did. You can call us anytime, but I don't think it would mess with us much, even 2 or 4 in the a.m. A call from a friend is never anything but exciting! (well unless their calling from jail or with bad news:( I hope all is well up there. Adam and the kids send their love. Victoria wished Mliza could have been at her sleep over 5 birthday. You all started a trend. I better go get some z's. Good night sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite. Hey, that's another good thing about Iceland, no bugs. So, I guess that saying probably isn't very well known up there. Well, a small dose of bug infested America for ya there in my little ditty. Be good, and take care.

8:26 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home