This is Amy Carder's Blog. She'll post lots of thoughts here about church life, home-schooling, raising four, make that five kids and all of the other craziness that our life together throws at us.

Friday, November 19, 2004

Get Bloggin'

Hi, my name is Amy and I too am a lazy blogger. Thanks to Cheryl for starting this support group.

Well, things are starting to get busy around the Carder house. We have exactly eight more weeks to enjoy friends, family and beautiful weather before heading out to the Artic (literally). I am spending my days now going through the house deciding what we take, what we store and what we get rid of. Moving really gets me organized. Even if you aren’t going to move, you should pretend to about once every three years.

In addition to the move I’ve also been stressed about getting custody of Dave’s cousin. Please be praying for this child. I only want what’s best for him but it seems that the “system” is more about the mom than the child. He now has a different caseworker that won’t give me any information. I get a sinking feeling that the mom is going to half ass her way through rehab…just enough to get her meal ticket back. I just want to shake them all and say, “ This is a child we are talking about”! Please pray.

On a much happier note, we are going to have a Christmas party! Before I post the information let me clarify one thing. “Dirty Santa” is a gift exchange game played much like the “White Elephant” game most of you are familiar with. Dave said that being in Vegas I should not have put that this was an adult only party and we are playing Dirty Santa. I say you all need to GET YOU MINDS OUT OF THE GUTTER; IT’S CHRISTMAS ALREADY!


Come Celebrate the Birth of the King!
Sunday, December 12th, 5pm

At The Carder Ranch
4337 N. Conough Ln.
395-9125
carderd@earthlink.net

Please bring a dish to share and a $10 or under gift to play Dirty Santa. Sorry, we’re leaving the kids out this time, this one’s for adults only!

"She will bear a Son; and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins."

1 Comments:

Blogger Kenny said...

Great, now I have to return the gift I bought for the party.

8:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home