This is Amy Carder's Blog. She'll post lots of thoughts here about church life, home-schooling, raising four, make that five kids and all of the other craziness that our life together throws at us.

Friday, August 06, 2004

Why do I do it?

There are many times that people ask me why I homeschool. I must say that the reasons change all the time but the following is the reason I currently do it….

The other day friend A wanted Jessi to come to her house, so did friend B. Jessi wanted to spend time with both friends and suggested that both friends come to our house. But, it appeared that friend A didn’t want to share. This was very stressful to Jessi because she is a pleaser and didn’t want to hurt either friend. You are never going to guess what she did. She got off the phone (that’s a miracle in itself) and sat down beside me and Dave and said “Mom, Dad, I need your advise.” To me that was just an incredible moment! A pre-teen sat down and genuinely asked her parents for advise! She didn’t ask another friend or a teacher or anyone else, she asked her parents! This is a time in her life where her parents are not supposed to know anything and she let us in on a true struggle she was having. I will forever cherish that moment!

I’m sure next month my reasons will be different…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home