This is Amy Carder's Blog. She'll post lots of thoughts here about church life, home-schooling, raising four, make that five kids and all of the other craziness that our life together throws at us.

Friday, July 30, 2004

My First

I came home from my once-a-month Denny's house church at 1:30am Wednesday morning and found that Dave had started a Blog page for me. What a sweet husband. I guess he thinks I have a lot to say. (Some day I'll fill you in on my Denny's church. It ROCKS!)

Ok, here it goes, the first official post. Is everyone nervous their first time? I really don't have anything deep and wonderful to say, but I enjoy reading about everyday life in other blogs, so I'll start there.

We found out today that we will have to be in Iceland by January 31, 2005. We will have to drive to Baltimore, put our car on a barge, and then fly on to Keflavik, Iceland. I need to stay positive about this move. But if you know anything about Iceland, you know that it will be dark 21 hours a day when we get there. It will be April before we will be able to see where we are living! We are going from 3 cars to 1, 4000 square feet of living space to 1700, 50-110 degrees to 30-60 degrees and then there's the whole daylight thing. WHY? I think I will learn much about simplicity and I am ready for that.

Dave and Jessi are gone on a little father-daughter backpack trip. I hope they have a good time and still love each other when they return. Actually I think it will prove to be a very bonding time. It's kind of a coming-of-age trip. Andy took his trip a couple of years ago with Dave and my Dad.

'Till next time............





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home