This is Amy Carder's Blog. She'll post lots of thoughts here about church life, home-schooling, raising four, make that five kids and all of the other craziness that our life together throws at us.

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Read Along..

I just finished The Shack and I know that there are others out there reading it. I would love to have conversation about it. If you haven't read it, get busy! I will start by posting one of my (many, many) favorite quotes in the book. Mack (the main character) is having a conversation with God about who God is. Here is God's response:

"The problem is that some folks try to grasp some sense of who I am by taking the best version of themselves, projecting that to the nth degree, factoring in all the goodness they can perceive, which ofter isn't much, and then call that God. And while it may seem like a noble effort, the truth is that it falls pitifully short of who I really am. I'm not merely the best version of you that you can think of. I am far more than that, above and beyond all that you can ask or think"

If you would like to read the book, you can find it at www.theshackbook.com

3 Comments:

Blogger Tera said...

Best bok I've read yet.
Miss you guys!
Andrew

10:10 PM

 
Blogger Michelle said...

Amy,

Thank you for the recommendation. I am in process of reading it. Very though provoking...

Michelle B.

8:16 PM

 
Blogger Mo said...

Okay, I'll add it to my list and check it out. I love the quote...when you travel around the world, all of the sudden the box you've put God in doesn't work anymore.

6:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home